1. We went out for dinner this weekend to El Campesino, our local Mexican food restaurant. Tristan pretty much only ate chips, salsa, and cheese. Delaney on the other hand, devoured a chicken enchilada, rice, and refried beans. She also insists on using a spoon now, so cute. And messy.
2. On Sunday we made our way to the Aviary. Or so we thought. It was a reciprocal membership free day so we could get in for free using our Children’s Museum membership. When we drove up to the Aviary, there was a line out the door and into the street! We quickly decided to visit the Children’s Museum instead. Aunt Bonnie and Brian joined us! I later heard that there were 1000 visitors to the Aviary in the first hour and a half. That is crazy!
We received a family membership to the museum as a gift for Delaney’s birthday. I cannot say enough how great a gift it was! The kids absolutely love going there. There are always new things to play with and explore. They also recognize favorites from previous visits.
They had this cool photo area in the new XOXO exhibit with picture frames. I’m not sure if it’s permanent because it’s in a room that usually changes. There were lots of drawing stations that Delaney loved. I also found a little phone booth area. I picked up the phone and said hello, and heard several hellos in response. One of them sounded just like Andy which freaked me out so I quickly hung up. It didn’t realize there were other phones around the room and it WAS Andy!
3. I started watching Dexter again. I started the series years ago and would only watch while I was on the treadmill. I watched season 4 and part of 5 last year when I was trying to run (big fail.) I got back on my treadmill last week (walking) and now I’m almost done with season 5! I must say that Netflix makes it much easier. Just pop my Kindle onto the reading shelf of the treadmill and I’m ready to go.
4. A friend of mine founded an organization for pregnancy loss education called Through the Heart. Their mission is to educate and support anyone who is experiencing a pregnancy loss either directly or indirectly. I have never experienced a pregnancy loss so I can only imagine how difficult it must be. Please visit their web site, read the moving stories that women have shared, and consider donating!
5. It’s not a good idea to put bubble bath into a Jacuzzi bath tub. Just saying…